Jennifer Dooley, founder and principal of Dooley & Associates, was awarded the Susan B. Anthony "Woman to Watch Under 40" award at the 27th Susan B. Anthony - Women of Influence Awards Dinner on March 24, 2017. The Susan B. Anthony Award dinner is held annually to honor extraordinary local women and organizations who work toward and promote the goal of equality for women.
Here is a segment from Jen’s acceptance speech:
I can't thank Jennie Tunkieicz enough for nominating me for this award because of everything it stands for.
I was a very fortunate daughter. My parents raised me to believe I could be whatever I wanted to be - as long as I worked hard for it. Yet, what I found early on in the business world was that my male colleagues - some with less education than I - were paid more in similar positions. It was a shocking realization. Never would I have thought that in this day and age there to be such inequality in the workplace. I wasn’t comfortable with it, and it ultimately became one of the reasons I chose to start my own business.
This community is one of a kind. It has been the best possible place I could have chosen to open a business, and the loyalty is unmatched. I wanted to change my career status and for the sky to be the limit. It now is.
Thank you, Kenosha, for all of the opportunities you give me every single day to be the change that I wish to see.
Congratulations to all of the winners that were honored that evening! Dooley & Associates is proud to have you part of the community we call home.
Lifetime Achievement Award Recipient:
- The Honorable Mary K. Wagner
Women of Influence:
- Jane Davis, Kenosha/Racine Chapter of Oxford House
- Sandra Bisciglia, Carthage College
- Boys & Girls Club of Kenosha, Strengthening Relationships for Moms and Sons
- KAC, Early Intervention Program Technology Replacement
- Hope Council on AODA, Hope for a Kinder Future
- Hospice Alliance, Teen & Tween Girls Bereavement Group
- Kenosha Literacy Council, Creating Women Readers & Leaders
- Dominique Pritchett
- Courtney Marescalco